Pioneer “Start Strong With LumiGEN™ Technologies” OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: Pioneer “Start Strong With Lumigen” SWEEPSTAKES (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on May 13, 2020 and ends at 12:00 PM CT on June 30, 2020 (the “Entry Period”). The beginning and ending times of the Contest shall be determined by the computers of Sponsor or its delegates.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest; and/or (c) persons who are not eligible to lawfully participate in the Contest.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Official Contest Entry Form, and the decisions of Sponsor, including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You must complete both steps to win the giveaway. Enter by posting a photo depicting a healthy crop stand and enter the hashtag #StartStrongWithLumiGEN on a public Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account during the Entry Period (the “hashtag submission”) and by filling out the web form at [waiting on web address URL]. (“form submission”) A hashtag and form submission may only be submitted by a single registered user and may not be edited or resubmitted in any form after it has been submitted.
5. To enter without submitting a hashtag and form submission, hand print your name, complete address, telephone number and date of birth on a postcard and mail via first-class mail to: Pioneer “Start Strong With LumiGEN™ Technologies” Contest Entry; 7300 NW 62nd Ave Johnston, Iowa 50131
All entries must be received during the Entry Period. For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt of entry occurs when the hashtag submission is uploaded to a public Twitter, Facebook or Instagram page and when the form is completed and entered.
Submissions received by Sponsor after the end of the Entry Period will not be considered.
Multiple entries from the same entrant are permitted but each entry must be different and submitted separately, whether such entry is a photo/video submission or non-photo/video entry submitted through the Contest Website. Entries and photo/video submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, stolen, invalid, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, altered, illegible, corrupted, unreadable, or incomplete entries, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS: 400 valid entries will receive the giveaway,.
On or about the Monday following the Entry Period, Sponsor will ship the prizes to 400 people who had a valid entry using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner’s prize being returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified.
7. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be up to 400 winners for the length of the entry period for a total of 400 winners. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $15/per hat, ARV of all prizes: $6,000. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, and expenses associated with prize receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes on any prize. Entrant will supply all necessary tax information, as requested by Sponsor. No prize substitution, transfer, assignment, or cash redemption by winners is allowed. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value.
8. PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, permission to use entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, hometown, and state for promotional purposes. Any uses of the foregoing may be in any manner or media whether now or hereafter existing (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration or consent.
9. RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and agents from and against all claims, damages, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, or Contest-related activities or events, (b) entrant’s entry and
submissions, (c) entrant’s representations and agreements in these Official Rules, and (d) entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
10. Hashtag/Form Entry SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Each hashtag and form submission must (a) be the original work of the entrant produced for this Contest; (b) not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (c) not have been published previously in any medium; (d) not infringe on any person’s intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright, trademark or right of privacy of publicity or any other rights; (e) be suitable for display and publication in all media (e.g. it may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); (f) not contain lewd, distasteful, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable content or material; (g) not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); (h) not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; (i) not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; (j) not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; (k) not feature or reference any trademarks, logos or other indicia of any third party; (l) not feature alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or firearms; (m) not contain music or any other copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant); or (n) not contain any political messages or images. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose Submission is inconsistent with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove or blur or to ask the applicable entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant hashtag submission.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to evaluate pursuant to these Official Rules all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment and award prizes, or not award any prizes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa-Des Moines Division or the Iowa District Court for Polk County, Iowa; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction. Except as required by law, Sponsor shall have no obligation to reveal to any third party, including without limitation to any entrant, the results of, or communications related to, Sponsor’s internal deliberations associated with the Contest.
13. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest at any time, or amend or modify these Official Rules. Should any provision of these Official Rules be held by a court to be unenforceable, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa.
15. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: SPONSOR’S LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS CONTEST, SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EXCEED $50.00. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, undelivered, invalid, unreadable, corrupted, misplaced, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or submissions, or entries or submissions received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware, or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing,
typographical, electronic, or human errors that may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or submissions; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing, or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
16. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Pioneer “Start Strong With LumiGEN™ Technologies” Contest Official Rules Request 7300 NW 62nd Ave Johnston, Iowa Official Rules are posted online at www.pioneer.com/us (which give direct web address once rules are posted)
17. WINNER’S LIST: The winners’ names can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Pioneer “Start Strong With LumiGEN™ Technologies” Contest Winner’s List Request; 7300 NW 62nd Ave. Johnston, Iowa. Requests must be received by July 30, 2020.
18. SPONSOR: Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., 7100 NW 62nd Ave., Johnston, IA 50131.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK.
© 2020 Corteva. All Rights Reserved